Please read the booking conditions carefully. You must agree to these before completing the booking form.
Reservations for accommodation are accepted by Pencuke Farm, the property owners, on the following conditions:
1. The contract of hire is between the hirer (tenant) and Pencuke Farm.
2. The contract is deemed to have been made once the hirer has signed the booking form, paid their deposit and Pencuke Farm have despatched a confirmation of booking.
3. For Cottage bookings made more than 6 weeks before arrival, a deposit of 25% of the holiday price is required and will only be effective if the booking form is correctly completed and signed and duly confirmed. For camping bookings made more than 1 month before arrival, a deposit of 33% of the holiday price is required and will only be effective if the booking form is correctly completed and signed and duly confirmed. The balance for Cottages is is due 6 weeks prior to arrival and camping 1 month before arrival, without further demand. If the balance payment is not received by the date due Pencuke Farm, at their discretion, reserves the right to make the property available for re-booking. This does not release the tenant from their obligation. It is possible to secure late bookings by telephone.
3a. The following Credit and Debit cards are accepted: Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Delta, Solo. For cottage bookings made less than 6 weeks and camping pitches 1 month before arrival, the total amount is payable plus extras (if applicable).
4. Properties are available for occupation from 4pm on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10am on the last day. For Camping, you may pitch up any time after 1pm up until dusk on the day of arrival and we ask that you vacate the pitch by 11am on the day of departure. The licence from Pencuke Farm shall permit the tenant and members of the tenants party as shown on the booking form (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. No more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure and included on the booking form may occupy a property unless by prior written agreement with Pencuke Farm. Extra charges may be applicable. Pencuke Farm reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Pencuke Farm reserves the right to revoke or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties which they consider to be unsuitable for the property. Due respect and consideration to neighbours must be observed at all times. Large group bookings may only be accepted by special arrangement. The tenant may only bring such pets as are mentioned on the booking form, they must be clean, house trained, up to date with flea prevention treatment, well behaved and never be left unattended in the property, unless by prior, private arrangement with the property owner. They are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture in the property. Pencuke Farm cannot accept responsibility for their safety. A weekly charge will be made. No pets in a description of a property may not guarantee that pets have never occupied the property. For properties with Hot Tubs, the rules must be adhered to at all times and there are time restrictions on when the hot tub may be used.
5. The tenant must keep the property clean and in good order and will be responsible for any damages or breakages. During the period of tenancy the tenant is responsible for the care of the property and its contents. It is expected that tenants treat the property with the respect that they treat their own and leave the property and its fixtures and fittings in a clean and tidy condition, including correct disposal of rubbish/waste for recycling if applicable, and disposal of dog mess from gardens/grounds. Pencuke Farm reserves the right to charge a security deposit payable to Pencuke Farm. This deposit will be refunded to the tenant the week following the holiday, but a deduction will be made for any breakages or damages done to the property or if it is not left in a clean and tidy condition, including correct rubbish/waste disposal and dog mess removal. Where Pencuke Farm accepts security deposits they do so as operators. Pencuke Farm will resolve any disputes over the security deposit.
6. Once a booking has been accepted by Pencuke Farm it can only be changed to either another property or different dates by treating the original booking as a cancellation. Holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the owner is agreeable to the change. A booking charge maybe payable.
7. Pencuke Farm carefully monitor the standard of facilities in all properties. Pencuke Farm will make bookings aware of any major changes made since the booking. In the unlikely event of a complaint the tenant should immediately contact Pencuke Farm. We will endeavour to resolve the problem promptly and amicably. Any dispute arising out of the booking will be between the tenant and Pencuke Farm. No complaints can be considered after departure from the property.
8. Pencuke Farm shall not be liable to the tenant or any member of the tenants party for any injury, loss or damage to their property or person, however caused. Tenants should ensure that all personal possessions are removed on departure from the property. Pencuke Farm reserve the right to dispose of any tenants personal belongings after the departure day of the tenants from the property without further reference to the tenants.
9. Pencuke Farm reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel on behalf of the owner any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc.) for any reason whatsoever subject to a full refund of all monies paid. Pencuke Farm shall not be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs. (Note: In the unlikely event of a cancellation, Pencuke Farm will make every possible effort to secure alternative accommodation if required).
10. Bed linen, towels, tea towels, cots/travel cots and high chairs may or may not be provided. Please check individual property descriptions carefully.
Guests may cancel their reservation by notifying Pencuke Farm in writing that they wish to cancel Bookings placed after 16th April 2020
have cancellation protection cover, meaning that if you cancel up to and including 2 days before check-in date, for any reason, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. Only lodging costs are refunded. Refund payment for cancelled booking will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking. Cancellations made 1 day prior to or on the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: for a check-in on Saturday you could cancel the prior Thursday, but not Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check-in). Bookings placed before 16th April 2020
are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel between 60-42 days before check-in date, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount which may be less than you paid eg if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let. If we are unable to re-let, you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. From 56 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date.
12. Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines or any event outside our control.
13. Pencuke Farm cannot be held responsible for any perceived inadequacies in any of its properties. Property descriptions and all details written (and verbal) both in our brochure and on our websites are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to amend our property prices quoted on the internet due to error or omission. In this unlikely event the potential guest will be notified immediately and may cancel their provisional booking accordingly.
14. In the unlikely event of a complaint Pencuke Farm reserves the right to refer it to arbitration by the Regional Board of South West Tourism.
15. Legal. In the event of any dispute between the parties it shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the English Courts only and any action shall be heard in the Court for the area in which the property is situated. Any contract shall be governed by English Law and interpretation.
16. The farm is located in a peaceful hamlet. Whilst we welcome guests who want to celebrate a special occasion, out of respect to local residents and other guests, loud parties are not acceptable.
17. These booking conditions supersede all previous issues.